Looking for a quick meal to make on a weeknight? I pulled together two 20 minutes recipes, did a quick conversion because I don’t have a grill, and made an AMAZING meal! Definitely check out BOTH of these quick and healthy recipes—both originally in Cooking Light!
Apricot-Rosemary Chicken Legs
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Cooking spray
- 2-4 chicken legs, bone-in, skin-on
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, apricot preserves, vinegar, and rosemary in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Pat chicken dry and place on a wire rack inserted in a roasting pan. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides (underneath the skin).
- Brush chicken (both sides, under skin) with half of apricot mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, brush remaining apricot mixture on chicken skin, and bake for another 15 minutes, until temperature is 165. In the last two minutes, turn oven to broil and boil on high until skin starts to bubble and brown.
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on a ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray, inserted in a roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.