You may recognize the dinner pictured above from the other week, when I talked about a great red curry sauce. The side served alongside it, Peachy Bulgur, was also a great option for a healthy side or lunch dish during the warm summer months, when you want something fresh, but filling.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine water and bulgur in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Drain.
- Combine oil, vinegar, thyme, and ginger in a large bowl. Add bulgur, peaches, onion, salt, and pepper, and mix together. Sprinkle with goat cheese.