I absolutely love the taste of red curry sauce, and I’ve found an amazing one in Cooking Light. This recipe thickens the sauce up before serving it over whatever protein is handy (the recipe was for halibut, and I used the remaining sauce over chicken breasts the next day), but I’m going to try it again soon and try braising chicken in the sauce as it thickens. I think it might work either way.
Red Curry Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 mint sprigs
- 3 basil springs
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until reduced below 1 cup.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime and herbs. Let stand for 5 minutes, and serve over cooked protein.