Chipotle Cashew Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2-3 chipotles en adobo
- 1 Tbl. cilantro- chopped finely
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbl. tamari or soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves- finely chopped
- 2 Tbl. fat free mayo
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. roasted cashews, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. Roast cashews on a low heat for 5 minutes until nicely browned.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor.
- In an oven safe pan place the chicken and pat dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Rub the marinade over chicken and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until breasts are plump. Serve with lime wedges.
Side Dish Idea: I bought two small sweet potatoes, and roasted those at the same time as the chicken. Just peel, toss with a little olive oil, brown sugar, and salt, and roast until tender. Add in half a red onion, cut in large slices, to give it extra depth.