|Sometimes all you need is meat and potatoes…|
Chris has been traveling for most of July, but returned home on Friday night and I wanted to make him something he loved. He’d told me about his mother’s meatloaf, and how he loved it as a kid, so I asked Judy for the recipe so I could make it for him once he returned. In my view, the first thing you want to do after a hard-core trip is indulge in a little comfort food that reminds you of home.
Served with roasted potatoes, although mashed might be a better option to mix in with the meat.
- 1.5 lbs. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. A1 sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place beef in a bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix all together (I use my hands!) and form an oval. Don’t pack it too tightly.
- Place on a baking dish and place uncovered in a 350 degree oven. Cook for 45 minutes, or until well done (using a meat thermometer). Turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the top of the loaf gets a nice, blackened crust.
- A little grease will form in the dish, so be careful getting it out.