So I’m challenging you, the reader, to make it better and share with the rest of us! Give the following recipe a try this week and share your tweaks in the comment section. Maybe it’s need additional ingredients? Maybe a few less? Experiment, and report back:
|Snap Pea and Radish Salad in the back|
Sugar Snap Salad
- 1.5 lbs Sugar Snap peas, trimmed, stringed, and cut in half on diagonal
- Kosher Salt
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 t. sumac, plus more for garnish
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. ricotta salata or feta, crumbled
- black paper
- 2 T. coarsely chopped fresh mint
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, set aside. Cook peas in a pot of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, transfer to bowl with ice water to cool. Drain and transfer to a kitchen towel to dry.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and sumac in a small bowl. Toss peas, radishes, and cheese in a large bowl. Add dressing, season with salt/pepper/and more lemon juice. Garnish with mint and sprinkle with sumac.