At your typical holiday party, most people you talk to will NOT want a glass of egg nog because they’ve been brainwashed by store-bought gallons of cold, yellow-ish muck. HOWEVER, if you have the time to make it from scratch and serve it warm, you will quickly convince everyone they’ve been missing out. This recipe is delicious, sweet, and can be served with our without your spirit of choice.
Hot Egg Nog
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 6 eggs, whites and yolks divided
- 1.5 cups sugar, divided
- pinch of salt
- Desired spirits (whiskey, rum, etc)
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar.
- Heat milk until almost boiling (~200 degrees). Take 1 cup of milk and slowly add it into the yolk mixture. Then slowly add everything back into the milk. (This prevents the eggs from curdling). Cook on low heat until warm.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar to egg whites, and beat gradually until stiff.
- Remove milk from heat and fold in egg whites. Serve immediately with a dash of nutmeg and liquor.